Thursday, May 27, 2010

The Party's Over

The birthday weekend has come and gone. It was nice to see everyone, especially my brother. Of course, our time together was way too short. I’m just glad that mom got to see Rob for a change, and to meet his girlfriend, Bryn. Her and I are on opposite ends of the political spectrum, but she seemed like a nice girl with a head on her shoulders.


For mom’s birthday dinner, my brother treated the gang, all nine of us, to a wonderful dinner at McCrady’s in Charleston. On my current salary, I would struggle to buy us all frozen dinners. Thankfully, we are blessed. Our funds are sufficient for the time being, and God will open a new door for me when the time is right.

We also spent some time at Isle of Palms, and had lunch at Coconut Joe’s. I was going to pick up the tab, but somehow my brother had taken care of it before I realized it. Very kind of him, and Carol and I did appreciate his generosity. I hope they come back again soon. There’s a lot of nice restaurants in the area that I can let him take us to (kidding).

The celebration also included some cheer at the house. No drinking and driving allowed. After everyone went home, I had a couple baskets of empties to take to recycling. I know that there is a poem, or country western song, in that image somewhere. “Darling you are gone, and all I have left are empty bottles to remind me why I can’t remember when you were here.” That’s why none of my songs have been recorded!

Now everyone is back home safe and sound. It’s just me and the dog again, lying around the house. In fact, it’s time for his evening walk.

No comments: