Thursday, July 1, 2010

Moving Day(s)

Guess I’ve been out of touch here for a while. Last week I went up to Charlotte to help my youngest daughter move out of her apartment. She lived on the third floor and hadn’t moved very many things before I got there. Took us three days to get everything moved, and each day was 100-degrees. Thankfully, there was no rain. That really would have sucked.

She found a duplex in the Central District, which was pretty nice. She’s also moving in with another girl. I was lucky enough to be at the duplex when she arrived with a washer and dryer. I got to help a Vietnamese kid carry one of them down into the basement. We also carried in her couch that was about ten feet long. After three days, I was whipped. I also don’t sleep well with two cats creeping around all night. I slept great when I hit my own bed!

Now I’m back in the routine of searching and applying for jobs. Next week will be nine months of unemployment. Ouch!

No comments: