Friday, March 19, 2010

last day of winter

They say you are not a leader if no one is following. Does that mean you are not a writer if no one is reading? No, that wouldn’t be the same thing. That would be like saying you are not a singer if no one is listening. It’s one of those ‘does a tree falling in the forest...?’ questions. I am a writer. I can write fact or fiction, prose and poetry, and even songs. In fact, I have had college courses and attended additional seminars and classes in some of these areas. I am a writer, and it pleases me to write. It can also be therapeutic. By now, you could be thinking that this guy needs help. Don’t we all?


Have you ever tried to psychoanalyze yourself? I think I’ve put myself into a hypnotic trance, and don’t know enough to snap my fingers and wake myself up. On the count of three... Just kidding.

Sorry that I slacked off on this blogging thing. I did write my little article for the LCP Newsletter. Nothing exciting. If I get out on the water and catch some fish from my kayak, then that would be fun to write about.

So, what’s going on today? The weather here is beautiful. Tomorrow is the first day of Spring, and it should be in the upper 70’s in the low country. I should be outside working in the yard right now, but I hurt my foot doing jumping jacks the other day, and I can hardly stand up on it. I went to the doctor’s this morning, just to make sure that nothing was broken. I think I’ll live. The doctor prescribed an anti-inflammatory, and sent me for x-rays. Another dollar towards that high deductible. That reminds me of the health care bill vote that’s supposed to take place on Sunday. I don’t want my tax dollars to support abortions, or buy healthcare for individuals who cheat the system. Many changes are needed, but I think that our Government should tackle those on a smaller scale. Prioritize and focus. Instead, we’ll get some trillion dollar package that will miss the mark, hurt quality, and feed the lawyers. But I’m not big on politics, and that is not my purpose for blogging. I’ve tried to overcome my cynicism, as it usually demonstrates my ignorance rather than my wisdom. Life is good, I am blessed, and I am loved. What more can a man ask for?

No comments: