Thursday, March 11, 2010

'RAND'OM NOTES

Background: I’ve titled my blog ‘Rand’om Notes. It is the same title of a column that I once wrote for a church newsletter at Christ United Methodist Church in Fraser, Michigan. I edited and published the small newsletter in the early 80’s. It allowed me to release some of my creative energies at the time. Though I have enjoyed writing as far back as I can remember, my job back then (and for many years to come) was working as a technical writer. Very dry for the most part, but it paid the bills. It was a skill that paid the bills for most of my career in the defense industry. That career has taken me from Michigan, to Louisian, and now South Carolina, with a few adventures overseas along the way. That may be something to explore down the road.
I'll pause here, before I start rambling. My mind wanders sometimes, my thoughts can be quite random, and also my name is Randy, hence the title 'Rand'om Notes. So there you are. This is my first blog, a step in a new direction. We’ll see where this journey goes from here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I started a blog as well only I don't write. My daughter and I take one photo a day that we post and sometimes they are very meaningful to my day and what I am dealing with. Check it out and I will follow yours as well. Inspiredpointsofview.wordpress.com
Cindy Franke Hallum