Monday, June 7, 2010

To be, or not to be?

I attended a local writer's meetup group the other day, and I actually had fun. At first I thought I was going to get that old 'I hate English class' feeling, but it ended up being quite envigorating.

Our moderator gave us a writing assingment to get the juices flowing. The challenge was to take the concept of "boring" and put it into words. I started out trying to write in script, but it's probably been 40 years since I actually did that. So, I reverted to printing, which I do faster and is somewhat more legible than my handwriting. Guess I've never gotten over that L (Low) I received in 2nd grade. I think I discussed that in my blog about being left handed.

I hope to attend more of the writing group meetings, but my time on the beach or kayaking is still a slightly higher priority for me. These are things that Carol and I do together. Maybe after we are both retired and she gets sick of me 24/7, I can make more of these weekend meetings.

The response and encouragement from the others at the meeting did make me think that I could possibly have some creative stories buried inside of me that would provide an interesting read for others. We shall see.

No comments: