Friday, April 16, 2010

4/16/10 - Friday

I think that I applied for half a dozen jobs today. It seems like such a waste of time. I’m not sure when the unemployment runs out? I’ve been out of work for six months now. I feel that this is an opportunity that I’m not taking full advantage of. I could take some classes, but that costs money. I still have a few things to work on around the house before we sell it. I’m just afraid that if or when it sells, I won’t know where to go. Carol has a job, so it would make sense to stay here. But, if I am offered a good position somewhere out of state, Carol wants to go with me. It was no fun working out of state in 2008 and leaving Carol behind. She missed her man! We are best friends, and have been together for 30 years now. We’ll celebrate our 29th wedding anniversary in August. Life is good, and I won’t complain. God has something in store, and when it’s time, the next door will open. Will it be door number one, door number two, or door number three? You probably need to be as old as me to understand that.

Next month is my mother’s birthday. She turns 80! We’re all getting together at our house. Even my brother and his girlfriend are coming. We haven’t seen him since Christmas 08. He never takes a day off from work. I was listening to some Dylan classics today while I was cutting the grass. I think it would be cool to learn “Forever Young” and play it for mom as a birthday song. Guess I should look for the guitar tabs on the internet while I’m thinking about it.

No comments: